Thursday, January 9, 2014

16 Weeks from Sunday!

16 weeks from this Sunday I'll be running the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati, Ohio.

This is a 3/3/3/7 week, so 7 miles on Saturday.  I ran 3 miles on a treadmill on Tuesday, 3 miles outside on Wednesday and planning on 3 miles again on the treadmill tonight after work.  I never listen to music when I run outdoors.  I like hearing the natural sounds outside.  Especially when I'm running on the road early in the morning it's important to hear cars approaching.  I always run on the left side of the road facing traffic, so I can see them and they can see me.

I do listen to podcasts on the treadmill to help pass the time. This American Life, You Made it Weird, Radio Lab, Fresh Air, Freakonomics Radio, Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin, and The Moth are my standards.

Or you can watch Fred Armisen's spot on impersonation of Ira Glass (one that did not make it to air) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment