Monday, December 2, 2013

Prepare the Pig!

I'm running The Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati, Ohio on Sunday, May 4th, 2014.

I have run 4 marathons to date (including two Flying Pigs.)  Have I learned anything before I start this journey again?

Here are a few questions I've been asked as others prepare to run for their first marathon.  I'll answer them from my own point of view over the next few days/weeks.

Q: How do you energize on long runs?  Do you take GU, water, Power Aid?

Q: How do you restore your muscles after a long run? Epson salt bath?

Q: How do you carry water, gels, etc when you run?

Q: What training program do you use and why?

Q: Do you increase your calories each day during training or just for your long runs?

Q: Do you purchase shoes every year?  How can you tell if you need new shoes?  What should I look for in a running shoe?  What's your favorite running shoe?

So come back often, comment often and have a great time preparing for a really fun day in Cincinnati on May 4th.  (May the fourth be with you...)


No comments:

Post a Comment