Friday, December 13, 2013

Sock it to me

Running Socks

Next to good running shoes, my socks are key to comfort and avoiding blisters and hot spots (areas on your foot where it hurts when or after you run.)  I always run in Feetures socks.  I love these socks because they are virtually seamless and "hug" my feet.  You can buy them in any color or ankle height.

I like the quarter ankle height because sometimes with the "no show" or low cut my socks can slide down into my shoes, especially on long runs or when it's raining.

Either way, I make sure I'm not running in any cotton socks.  They hold water and cause blisters.  Running socks are expensive, like most good equipment, but they last a long time and pay off in comfort.  I expect to pay around $10 a pair, but have found good sale prices at the expos before races or style close outs and can get them for around $8 or so a pair.  Like most running gear, I get to know the pricing of my favorite items, so when I spot a deal I buy a few and stock up, or should I say "sock up".   (See what I did there...really?...anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment